If you’re anything like me, then you still have Christmas shopping to do. Actually you’ve barely done any shopping thus far, so you’ll have to do it once you get to your final Christmas destination…. and so you may be wondering how you can make your gifts pretty without spending a fortune on new supplies while you’re out of town for the Holidays. Well, I have planned ahead for just this situation, and Continue reading →
At the store yesterday, Sydney couldn’t get enough of all the snow globes and little christmas town accessories. So, today we decided to combine the two elements and create our own waterless snow globes!
For my version of waterless snow globes I added a personal touch with our own photos!
This is also a special way you can give and display your family holiday photo.
Here’s what I used:
old jars, cleaned
mini street lamps
1. Wash and dry all your lids.
2. Gather your festive accents, I chose items that would go along with our photos.
3. Spray your jar lids, I used gold. Be sure to do this in a well ventilated area.
4. Print photos, and feel free to embellish and decorate them!
5. Assemble all the pieces using double sided tape and glue*.
6. For a more finished look, spray the backside of your jar. This will hide any visible tape or glue on the backside of your photo.
*Tip: I glue cotton balls into my lids to give some height and dimension. The fake snow is loose in the jars, and will sit nicely on top of the cotton. Be sure to keep all glue, cotton, and accents away from the edges of the lid to avoid any issues with closing the jars.