As promised this morning, here are our ribbon dancers along with a tutorial! They are quick and easy to make, and a fun, safe alternative to sparklers. I’m hoping the ribbon dancers and dollar store glow sticks I picked up will keep Syd busy before the fireworks show tonight. We don’t want her tempted by all the expensive swords, flags, bracelets, and flashing lights! Enjoy, and Happy Fourth of July!
You need a wooden dowel or stick, various ribbons, paint, and a hot glue gun.
1. Start out by painting your dowel, we stuck with red, white, and blue.
2. Now, cut your ribbon to desired length, fold over the edges and secure with hot glue.
3. Glue the painted dowel to the ribbon.
4. Finish off by glueing the ribbon around the dowel until it covers the top end.
5. Let the glue dry, and you’re finished!
Pingback: Fourth of July Activities for the Whole Family